Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

What I’ve been doing…

I was on the phone with my dear friend about two weeks ago. I asked her how our friends back in VA were doing and told her that I haven’t really talked much to anyone since we have no cell phone service inside the house. I also mentioned that our internet access was limited to the ipad and whatever overpriced plan Jared purchased (Which translates to no etsy, blogging, or Pinterest for me!). “I’m basically out of the loop and have no idea what’s going on in the world”, I said. She responded by asking “What do you do all day?” I thought that was a funny question! Well friends, here's what I've been doing...

I’ve been Busy-beeing around the house…

 We have shelves above the windows and doors in the two guest bedrooms. I love them!

 This is my bookshelf in to office. The paintings on top are from my best friend, Angela's mom.

 My mom made the bird and flowers in 1972! It's a Pennsylvania Dutch symbol that represents good luck=)

 The two beachy frames are housewarming gifts from my mom and dad. The mirror (love) is of course from 
TJ Maxx!



I've been spending a lot of time admiring the way the morning sun streams in in through the windows...






Feeding the fish off of our dock…


I planted a small veggie and herb garden…







Drinking coffee in the morning tea in the afternoon & reading magazines…




I've been going on lots of runs and bike rides... On one of our rides, Jared and I found this wonderful park. It’s very small, but it has all the features of a daydream spot for me.







 This crab was not happy to see me!



If you look closely, you can see bunches of tiny shells like the ones in the picture before this one.


We’ve gone into Key West a couple of times…





 Only in Key West does a bar need to clearly state that sex is not allowed on the premise!


 Cap't Tony's collection of bras: Victoria's Secret has nothing on this place!


But I like it here best. In our new home. Quiet and comfortable.



Mostly I’ve been feeling lucky to be back in my home state and thankful that this time, I get to share it with my sweety. So friends, that is what I've been doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment