Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cultivating Solitude

Cultivate Solitude
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_170x135.183683821.jpg

Today, I needed to get away. I am having a wonderful time with my family, but sometimes, our souls just need the warmth of solitude. Luckily, I am in this amazing place and remoteness is all around, just waiting to be discovered. I drove a couple miles into the cove, not sure what I was looking for or what I would find. I came to a road where the sun seemed to be shining brighter. I drove Macy Grey (my car) down the road and found exactly 
what I needed to calm my heart.





























Through the sun, my heart was calmed. 
  


2 comments:

  1. Kates; On this Independence Day, as you enjoy the freedom of the open road, following the sun south to new and exciting adventures in your life, we, your family, are blessed that we spent cherished time together. At times, our gathering was hectic, tempers tested but, what fun we had. And yes, at times, one's soul does need attention, be it through solitude or prayer and this amazingly beautiful place in which we live is the perfect place for such attention. With Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom and Dad! Not sure which of you sent me this beautiful comment. I love it! Apparently though, you signed in as me, so it looks like I posted this to myself! Ha!

    ReplyDelete