Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Manatees!

Since we’ve lived here in the Keys, I have kept a keen eye on the water and any movement therein, looking, of course, for my beloved manatee. Since I was a little girl, I have loved this gentle giant. I think it's cool that they have no natural enemies and I think they are just so cute! 

A couple weeks ago, Jared, John and I went to happy hour at Alonzo’s, this great place at the harbor. So, as the three of us were chatting and eating, I was also keeping my eyes on the water, prepared not to see anything other than a few tarpon and maybe some fish jumping. 

Imagine my surprise when I saw two large, paddle-like tails flip slowly out of the water!

I ran over to the docks, camera in hand as quickly as I could, and when I got there, this is what I saw!






Aren't they so stinkin' cute!




4 comments:

  1. they are pretty cute! and you are pretty stinkin cute too! Miss you pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Trusz!! I know your probably wondering who i am and why im on your blog page. Its me , Kelly N. I was the one of the kellys that you taught in your last year at Bucknell. I dont know if you know but youve impacted my life sooooo much and i think about everything youve taught me everyday since you left. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete