Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

GiViNG ThANkS

I know it’s been quiet around here, but soaking up as much time as possible with family is what I’ve been up to lately. And after a week off from work and enjoying the people I love, I feel renewed and refreshed. Here I am now, thinking about how truly blessed I am to have the family I have and a love that like energy, never dies, but lives and moves through each of us.

This Thanksgiving break was wonderful. I spent my mornings reading my fabulous friend, Danielle’s Book, sipping coffee or tea and enjoying every minute of the quiet and solitude.


Most days, around lunch time, I drove into Key West, to my mom and dad’s motor home and had lunch with them. We would take the dog for a walk or sit and talk about nothing at all. It was wonderful. Some days they came here and we did more of the same. One day, when my mom and I were feeling particularly motivated, we hit up the Trolley Train Tour-a truly touristy thing to do- and explored Old Town Key West.

My Mom and me at the Key West Aquarium. Worst Aquarium in the world by the way.

It did have this little guys though. So Cute!

We saw some pelicans and tarpon enjoying a free meal, courtesy of a local fisherman, cleaning his catch.

 
Key West has the most beautiful tropical foliage. It's so green and lush. And ancient-looking wrought iron is every where.

Wish you were here!

On Wednesday, my oldest friend, Monisha drove down from Miami and on Thursday, Davie joined us for Jared and my first ever Thanksgiving in the Keys. I have to say, hosting was not as fun as I thought it would be. I loved having family here and we all had a really wonderful time, but next time around, I’m going to plan ahead and pre-make everything so I don’t have to spend so much time in the kitchen....and so I can beat these guys at corn hole!

 

The weekend was the best part. Jared didn't have to go into work and time was spent out on the boat, fishing, cruising and just taking it slow. This is why we love key west. It's so beautiful here!


We also had time for some friendly (read: competitive) board game playing.


On Saturday, after Mo and David left, we took my parents to a place on the gulf side, where at low tide, you can anchor up at the sandbar. It's accessible only by boat and it is truly an unspoiled jewel. The sandbar is expansive, and absolutely lovely. You can walk around, barefoot, in ankle high, crystal clear water just yards from the Gulf of Mexico. The coolest part to me are the young mangrove trees, whose tangled roots are busy protecting so many marine creatures.


Giving Thanks

Tonight I'm thinking of all the blessings in my life. Of all the prayers that have been answered and those that the Lord decided should remain unanswered. I'm thinking of how big His love is and how lucky I am to be here now. I am thinking of my dear friends without whom, my life would not be so richly rewarding. I think about my beautiful family, full of love. That energy source, that current that runs though me and makes me who I am. I think about Jared’s family, my family. Their never-ending devotion to one another. I think of my husband-the man who has filled my life with so much joy. The yin to my yang. The man who has made himself at home in my heart and who has completely and in every respect fulfilled every part of my life.

Tonight I am thankful. Simply thankful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment