Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas


Whatever else be lost among the years, let us keep Christmas still a shining thing.~ Grace Noll Crowell

Growing up, my mom always made a big deal out of decorating the house for Christmas. Every ornament was seen as a precious gift. Each Christmas keepsake was placed with care. All over our house were reminders that Christmas was surely here. Our house was transformed into a magical place where everything seemed that much more enchanting.


~ Christmas 1989


Now, I love bringing in bits of Christmas into our home.


At night...







                

 




And during the day...











Soon, Jared and I will have our own children to share the joy of Christmas with. I can't wait to turn on Christmas music as we open box after box of decorations with our little loves. Dancing and twirling around the house like my mom did with us. Showing them that the true spirit of Christmas is not under a tree, but in our hearts. I can't wait!








1 comment:

  1. Kater, love all the beautiful decorations. You have a great gift for making your home look wonderful. Thanks for bringing back some of our memories, the are precious and never forgotten. You and Jared are going to give your children the most cherished memories to always have in their hearts.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete