Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Interlude & A Shower

My mom had a beautiful shower for our little bean two weekends ago at my parent's home in Tennessee. Jared and I were greeted with cold temperatures and a silvery sky. I'm thankful not to have to endure a long winter season this year, but a winter interlude suited me just fine. 

Walking into my parent's house always makes me feel comforted. Any amount of time spent there renews my spirit and calms me. My mom had the house looking so nice. Sweet shower decorations were carefully placed all over, with pictures of Jared and me when we were babies strung all over the living room. Love was all around. I am so thankful for my family-the love they have given me all my life. And the thought that they love so dearly the little baby growing inside of me -well I just feel such gratitude. The shower was beautiful. My family and parent's friends are so excited for me and Jared and they can't wait to meet our little dove. It was a wonderful day.

When the shower was over I gathered all of the gifts our baby had been given-the softest onesies, socks and blankets. Tiny toys, bibs, and diapers. I laid them all out to look at. Touching those soft clothes and blankets to my face and marveling at the miracle of our little one, feeling so thankful for the life I've been given. 

We can't wait to meet you little one. Grow healthy and strong. We are so in love with you!











2 comments:

  1. i love baby trusz already!! :) so happy for you and Jared and can tell hope proud you both are by the smile on your faces! love you so incredibly much and miss you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time we had. Every single second was a precious memory being made. I miss you so much. You're blog is beautiful with your words and your pictures, as always. You have a great gift!

    Love you to the moon and stars and back!!

    ReplyDelete