Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring is here. These are the kind of days I live for.The weather is perfect. Sunny and not too hot. Determined to get the most out of these last few weeks in the Keys, we decided to start last weekend early with a Thursday evening boat ride on the sound. Abby, Derek and Alise joined us. Jared threw some bratwurst on the grill, our girls played and we all chatted, very aware that this life we're living is pretty good.


On Saturday, we all hopped back on the boat and headed out to Marvin Key. I was 5 months pregnant the last time I was there. It had definitely been too long. But I was happy to find the water was still that perfect shade of turquoise and the sand was just as white as I remembered.

Our girls loved it there. Emerson was crazy about the sand and water. I love firsts. It did my heart good looking on as she touched the sand and splashed in the shallow water for the first time. Our girl is a water baby for sure:)



It was a bit too windy on Sunday to go out on the water, so we decided to stay home. Jared fished and gave Emerson her first lesson:) Did I mention that I love firsts?



It's Thursday, but I feel the need to say, "Happy weekend friends." Here's to starting another one early:)

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful memories you're making!!! I have a big smile on my face just thinking about the fun you had.

    ReplyDelete