Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Life, Lately.

There has been a lot going on around here lately. Our little family has certainly seen its fair share of change. Within the last month, we have been to (collectively) five different states.  After leaving Florida, we spent a week in New York with Jared's family. Afterwards, Emerson and I flew to Tennessee and Jared went to California for a week to find our new home. He's definitely had to shoulder most of the moving responsibilities. Now, Jared is in Alabama with his boat, and Emerson and I are in Tennessee with my mom and dad.

Our little family has been apart for nearly 3 weeks now. It isn't easy being away. Happily, we'll see each other for several days soon. But then not again until Emerson and I make our way to Los Angeles in July. Although spending time with my mom and dad has been truly wonderful, I do miss our family of three and look forward to settling into our new nest in Cali. 

Yes, life has been busy. 



{Life lately. In pictures...}

Our last days in Key West... We watched as movers packed up our home, had the best breakfast sandwiches and coffee in all of Key West, and danced together as we celebrated our sweet girl's 1st birthday in old town.




The man singing that night sang "Happy Birthday" and "My Girl" to Emerson. She loved it. Thank you for the video, Nikki!

New York... Emerson felt soft grass under her feet for the first time. We loved on Logan, relaxed with family, ate take out and watched cousins play. Jared and I went on a date, where we talked of our future and our daughter over a bottle of wine. Jared and Frank battled it out with a quick hockey game in the rain. Rangers vs Bruins and a sweet birthday party at Jess and Frank's. And plenty of hugs from Moncu.




Tennessee... Tennessee always welcomes us with such warmth. We spent hours each day outside- sitting on the front porch steps. Little legs swinging back and forth. Running through sprinklers, picking Mima's flowers and helping Poppy Pop work on the car. Emerson played in the rain for the first time. She splashed through puddles, smiling her big toothy smile at the late spring rain falling on her cheeks. 




I can remember when Jared and I were first dating. I was living in Cape Canaveral and he was living in San Diego. We visited each other every other month. I would fly there one month and he would come to me two months later. When we were together, I felt complete. When we were apart, I felt like I was existing with only half a heart. I was fine. Life was good. But I always felt like the life within those moments of living was missing something. And it was. 

Soon, we'll be back together. Jared, Emerson and I. And we'll continue this crazy thing called life that we are living. In California again. Where we first learned that we couldn't be apart from one-another. Where he proposed. But this time, with the product of our love. Our sweet daughter. There has been a lot of change going on around here, for sure. Life lately has been busy. And I can't wait for it to settle back into that ryhthm that can only be made when the three of us are one.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, your pictures are seriously amazing. I think you should become a photographer! Can't wait to meet the little beauty in these photos soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete