Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Finding Beauty...


In the quiet moments at home, although they are few and far between, I've been thinking a lot about happiness and, about beauty. 
How I've been seeking them out. Searching for them like some rumored treasure. Very Ponce De Leon and the Fountain of Youth. I've felt the pangs of imbalance in my life and the need to shift focus. 
Life lately has been busy. It seems that every minute is so full. Stretching itself to the limits into the next. Each morning we wake up, needing a few more minutes of peaceful sleep and each night, we crawl into bed exhausted. This is life.


I once read that if you spend time looking for happiness, you'll never find it. But if you simply live out every moment of your day, you'll surely be a happy person. 


There is no question, life with a little one is busy. There are very few available moments for just me. And although I would choose this life again and again, it takes me making a conscious effort to carve out a few moments into every day to do something just because I want to. 
Because I need to.  
And so today, I stepped outside into our backyard. I closed my eyes and allowed my body to relax and my mind to quiet a little. I laid in the sun and let it warm me from the outside in. I stopped looking for beauty, for perfection, for happiness and what I found was a calm that comes with knowing that I'm exactly where I need to be. 
Beautiful.


Where life is lived and memories are made. 


 This is life. 
The life that I am living. 
Every packed second of every day.


There certainly is beauty all around. In whispy eyelashes, tiny hands and even tinier blooms. Rising sun and the way it plays in my sweet girl's hair. 
Stop looking and you'll find, beauty is there waiting. 

It may be quiet around here. I'll be working on a few projects and taking a little time away from blogging.  

Happy, beautiful weekend:)


No comments:

Post a Comment