Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weeks 31 & 32

For every time I've thought of this little girl as a far off dream, her arrival is becoming more and more real every day. My body is beginning to take over. I can no longer sprint from place to place, and moving energetically around my classroom is no longer an option. Although my mind is still telling me to go, go, go, my body simply won't allow it anymore. 


Some days, I come home and want to take off on my bike and ride to my park or go for a nice long walk. These are the ways I clear my head and reconnect with myself after a long day at work. But I have a feeling that my 10 mile rides and my 2 to 3 mile walks are a thing of the past for now. 


It's all worth it though. The exhaustion. The aches. The breathlessness. Because soon, she will be here and I can't wait to meet her. Time seems to be slipping by very quickly now and although I may not feel ready, to be a mom (oh, the weight of that word...) I know that when she is placed in my arms, any worries or doubts I may have now will seem tiny compared to the love I will feel when I look into her eyes. Jared and I will be parents and our love will be multiplied. 


Here are a few pictures from the past 2 weeks.


31 Weeks

32 Weeks

Jared's sister and mom had a beautiful shower for the little bird in South Beach this  weekend.  Being around family and friends I had not seen in months and in many cases years was heartwarming. Knowing how many people already care about our little girl was the most comforting thought. It was a lovely weekend. 

A few pictures from the beach...


A Lovely Baby Shower...

We made the drive from Miami back to Key West with a car full of lovely things for our little dove. I can't wait to wash all of her tiny clothes and tuck them away in her drawers. I also got the stroller I had been wanting and am so excited about taking her on small adventures around the neighborhood. 

Little Dove, I've been pretty tired these last couple of weeks. You are growing so fast and I am feeling every bit of 33 weeks pregnant. I plan on taking these next few weeks before you arrive as slowly as possible. You're coming into a wonderful world, baby girl. Full of people who already love you. But the world will be better when you get here. I am so excited for your birthday.





2 comments:

  1. Another lovely entry. All the pictures are great. You are definitely right about so many people already loving our little Peanut :-) Enjoy every wonderful moment.....
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these pictures Katie. You are looking so adorable, and the shower looked like so much fun. I really wish I could've been there. Missing you and wishing you, Jared, and your little girl lots of love. Talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete