Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Gratitude



One thing I can say about pregnancy, at least in my case, is that it forces you to look inside yourself, to become keenly self-aware and to kind of take inventory of your own flaws and shortcomings in order to change them so that one day, our children can be a better version of ourselves. 

Pregnancy has also  allowed me to find forgiveness and most importantly acceptance in who I am. And with that acceptance comes a beautiful, peaceful feeling. At a very young age, I adopted the nasty habit of comparing myself to others and although I still struggle with feeling comfortable in my own skin, the thought of bringing a new life into this world has encouraged me, pushed me to accept who I am.

During this pregnancy, I've had a lot of time alone with my thoughts. Especially now that I am not working, I've been able to quietly listen to the hopeful voice inside of me and to exercise gratitude in tiny things. One thing I've realized recently, is that I haven't given my body the appreciation and praise that it so rightfully deserves. Growing a baby is no small undertaking and I have to say, I am proud of this body for getting our sweet girl to where she is now. I am amazed at what my body has done in the past 39 weeks. 

Now, with only 11 days (give or take) until her birthday, I feel the need to keep moving forward. To approach each day with gratitude and to always be aware of the beauty life has to offer. I am so thankful for this experience. 

Note: As a result of entering into this blogging world, I have stumbled upon some incredible woman from whom I have found lots of inspiration. As I was writing this post, many of their words and wisdom came to mind. Here are a few of the blogs that I have been reading: Dear BabyDixonLea AtelierLife Made Lovely, Aura Joon (Who no longer blogs), and most recently (thanks to my dear friend, Danielle) Iron Yogini. Check them out. You may like them too!

1 comment: