Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A PerFeCt DaY


Today was a long day. In between feedings, Emerson was either crying or needing to be held. Today was the kind of day that emphasizes how drastically life has changed in these last two weeks. Gone are lazy afternoons, long bike rides and runs. I would be dishonest if I said that there weren't  times today when I didn't want to set Emerson down in her crib and fall to the floor and cry as well. Truth be told, I may have shed a tear or two. But as evening approached, my little bird was calm just long enough for the two of us to walk to the end of our street so that I could show her Sugarloaf Sound for the very first time. In that moment, I felt such joy, knowing that this was one of so many firsts that I will share with my daughter. In that moment, I knew that the sleepless nights and challenging days are more than worth it. Emerson  saw the water and felt the salty air on her skin for the first time today. And for me, that makes today a perfect day.


1 comment:

  1. You are going to have so many more 'perfect' moments with Emerson. I'm still having those 'perfect' moments with you!! You never know when or where they'll happen, but they do and it's amazingly wonderful.

    I love you to the moon & stars & back!!

    ReplyDelete