Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Change of Plans

Jared and I were supposed to fly to a wedding in Charlottesville, VA this past Thursday, but mother-nature had other plans. Instead, Jared had to get underway and despite my fear of flying for the first time with Emerson alone she and I caught a last minute flight  to Nashville to escape Issac's wind and rain. 

Our little girl did absolutely amazing! There were a few awkward moments (nursing next to a college kid on the Miami flight; changing two stinky diapers on the Nashville flight) but all in all,  flying with her was a breeze. She's going to be quite the traveler, I can tell. 

And now that I'm here, I feel like I can breathe again. I was very nervous about the storm and the last minute decision to fly to my parents' but now that I'm here, the tension in my muscles has already loosened its grip.While I'm here, I have plans to just go along. Listen to the wind in the trees. Sit on a blanket in the shade with my daughter. I want to take Emerson on walks in the morning and run the hilly road that leads to my parent's house in the evenings. I want to sit on the front porch swing just quietly rocking my sweet baby girl. Read, stretch, shop (it's been too long),  paint my toe nails. I want to take lots of pictures and write from a place that is free and real.

Yesterday, my mom and I filled Emerson's bathtub with warm water and placed it on the grass under the shade of trees that surround their house. Little Bird loved every second of it. She splashed and smiled. And I smiled. This little girl is pure joy and every day my Mama self grows more and more in love and admiration for this tiny human that has completely changed our world. While I'm here, I will miss Jared very much. I'll miss seeing him with Emerson. But I'm so happy to be here with my mom and dad, and to be able to spend these sweet southern days with her.

1 comment:

  1. 1. told you she would be fine.
    2. I am proud of you :)
    3. Yay for the end of summertime. Its the most beautiful time to be outside.
    4. i miss you
    5. i miss Emerson!! .... a LOT!
    6. did i mention i miss you?
    7. i miss Jared too!
    8. Im glad you painted your toenails.... perhaps in the light this time? :)

    love you the mostest!

    ReplyDelete