Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Emerson's One! ~A Birthday Luau~

On May 16th, 2012, at 12:08 pm Emerson Faith was placed on my chest for the very first time. With our daughter in my arms and Jared by my side, I knew that this was the beginning of a most wonderful life. On that day, we became a family and I became a mom. The two greatest gifts I will ever receive.

And so, with a big move on the horizon and lots of changes close behind we decided to take pause and celebrate our great fortune, our Little Bird, and all the joy she has brought to our lives in the space between that first moment I held her in my arms and now.  

It was a great 1st birthday party with family, good friends and the sounds of laughter and love filling our patio and home. 

Emerson's Luau...


The Decorations- I cannot explain how much fun my mom and I had getting ready for this party. Much inspiration was found on one of my favorite blogs.

The Birthday Girl- Emerson lasted about 5 minutes in her birthday dress (made with love by her Mima) before climbing into her pool. This was exactly enough time to try to climb the spiral staircase, throw a soccer ball and hug her friend, Louie.

So, her birthday dress didn't last long, but our girl definitely knows how to get a party started! 

The Party- Our little bird and all of her little friends had so much fun. This makes me so happy.

Emerson was a little hesitant with her cupcake (Which pleased her Daddy very much) . There was no smashing or smearing of cake and icing for our birthday girl. But she was happy to share her cupcake with her friends.

Celebrating the birth of our sweet girl and all the happiness she has brought us was a perfect way to end our time spent in the Keys. It was bittersweet leaving our island life and difficult to say goodbye to the mamas who became so important to me this past year and to their littles who I've come to adore. There is a bond there that time and space won't break. They are a part of Emerson's story and for them I am so thankful.
To the family and friends who made Emerson's 1st birthday so special, Mahalo!


Also, thank you to Derek for taking so many wonderful pictures. We got one of you and E so she'll know you were there to celebrate:)

1 comment:

  1. ALOHA! I'm so glad we were able to share some of the memories that were made in the Keys. Seeing Emerson right after she was born to being there for her 1st birthday. BIG EVENTS!!!!

    MAHALO!! So glad we could hang and share the time we did with you, Jared, and Emerson in the Keys.

    Love you all so very much! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete