Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New Traditions

Early last week, we were invited by our new friend Erin to come out for a sunset dinner on the beach.  All week I looked forward to Friday, knowing that this kind of thing was right up my ally.  Food, friends, nature. Perfect. 

Friday evening finally came and at around 6:30, Jared and I put Emerson in the carrier and walked to our perfect spot on the beach. We laid out a blanket then followed Emerson's lead to the swing set. We swung while we waited for the group to get there. When everyone arrived, and all of the introductions were made, we laid out more blankets and ate till our bellies were full. We talked, laughed and admired the ocean. At one point, a dolphin jumped completely out of the water. All of us at once exclaiming some version of,  "Oh my gosh! Did you see that? Amazing!" I think he was welcoming us all and asking us to come back next week.  I know we will. This is most certainly a tradition in the making:)


















1 comment:

  1. Here's to what looks like a wonderful tradition in the making!!! I love the pics of Emerson and Jared swinging and Little Miss 'E' looking out to the sea. Perfect!

    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete