Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

To The Sea



My Dearest Daughter,

It has been some time since I last wrote you a letter. You see, we've been busy and I haven't taken the time to slow my mind and tell you all the things I have on my heart to say. 

So here's one thing. One very special thing...

We brought you to the Pacific Ocean for the very first time. It was Independence Day. You and I had arrived to California just the day before and we were in the midst of a very challenging move. But on that day, we felt the need to slow down and go to the sea. To the place where we are reminded that whatever is going on in life, the waves will continue to roll into a shore that will always receive them. Indifferent to our worries. A place where we are reminded that we are just a small piece of a very large picture. 

Instantly, we found the calm we were looking for. Instantly upon seeing the blue-green water, our troubles were lifted. We inhaled the salty sea air and exhaled gratitude. And you loved it, little bird. You loved the beach and the sand and the waves so much. You laughed at the waves and studied the sand as it ran through your fingers. It was a very happy first. One that will be etched into my memory forever. We will return. Over and over again. And I know that like your daddy and I, you will always be able to find what you're looking for here. Where the sand meets the sea.

Love always,
Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment