Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy 4th!

This post is a little late, but I could not be peeled away from my little family until now...
We had a very cloudy 4th. Lot's of lightening and thunder. We had planned on spending the day outside. Grilling out, paddleboarding, swimming in the pool, but mother nature had other plans! I had also planned on laying the quilt my Grammy and Pappy made for me as a high school graduation present on the grass for a family photo shoot, but instead, we rushed outside before the lightening got too close and snapped a few quick pictures. 


These pictures make me laugh. Jared clearly looks frustrated, as he was the guy running back and forth from the tripod and Emerson is clearly not having it.

Eventually though, we got a few good ones.




The day may not have gone as planned, but I'm learning that with a little one, they rarely do. Still, we had a great time and managed to eat just as much watermelon and chow down on burgers and hot dogs just the same! And much later that night, after the skies had cleared, we watched the fireworks from our bedroom window as Emerson slept. It was a perfect 4th!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't matter what Mother Nature throws at you, when you can be together with family, that's perfect.

    ReplyDelete