Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

6 Months~ Dear Emerson

Dear Emerson Faith,

How can it be that six months have gone by since the day we first met. It seems almost dreamlike that it has been six months since you were first placed on my chest. Since I felt your warm skin on mine for the very first time, breathing in your sweet scent. Has is really been a half a year since I watched as your father first held you in his arms, looking into your eyes, and falling in love with you immediately. 

In these six months, my happiness has so often been found in the swirls of your hair, the dimples in your hands, the curl of your tiny toes. I think I could spend forever trying to memorize the exact color brown in your eyes. And I'm quite convinced that nothing will overflow my heart more than your smile. 

Little Bird, in the instant that you were born, in the very first glimpse I took of you, before we even touched, I knew that being your mama is what I was made for. It was what the Lord put me on this earth to do. My purpose, my reason, my all. I don't know if I'll be able to tell you how very much you've touched our lives. How life is just better better because you're in it. I'm not sure there are words for that, but I can promise you this--we'll show you every single day. You are loved. You are loved. You are so loved. 



Love Always,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much love a parent can have for their child. It's endless and grows immensely as time goes by. You, Jared, and Emerson make a beautiful, wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete