Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Perfect Day

Jared was able to take leave for a few days late last week and early into this week. We had friends in town last week, but this week, it was just us three. So, on Monday with temperstures dipping into mid 70's (very cool for the Keys) we decided to throw the stroller into the trunk, pack a bag full of blankets, toys and diapers and drive into Key West for a walk around. We started at Higgs Beach. There is a perfect little playground on the beach and since it was Monday, and the rest of the world was at work or school, we had it all to ourselves. Jared thought it was the perfect opportunity for Emerson to go down her first slide. I love firsts...




Of course our little adventurer loved it! After that, we were off to explore Key West.



We walked the pier, stopping to talk to two old veterans and take in the cool breezes and salty sea air.






We walked along narrow streets, with weathered houses, and rusty cars. We thought this camper was kind of neat. I wonder what adventures its been on.

And up and down streets that ended with sidewalk artists and secluded slivers of sand. Tiny alcoves untouched by day-trippers and tourists.



We walked up and down Duval Street, stopping in at Swirlicious for some frozen yogurt. Jared didn't have any. He's more of an ice cream kinda guy (can't say that I blame him). But I've been a few times with my friend, Jenn and I just like the spot. Very bright and fun. We chatted with owner. What a nice lady. Emerson also sort of took a bottle. Really she mostly played with it, but I think that soon, she'll warm up to the idea of drinking from a bottle and then maybe, just maybe Jared and I will be able to have a little date night.




With my belly full of Nutella and banana flavored frozen yogurt, and a heart full of love, we made our way back to Higgs...

Where we saw a couple of chickens. It isn't everywhere that you see these feathered friends on the beach, but here they are a Key West constant!




These are my favorite kind of days-- no real agenda. No real plans. Just a day out and about with my little family.



It was the perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. 1. i love when emerson gets on her daddys hat. Its adorable.
    2. I think J liked the slide more :)
    3. OMG shes in a big girl stroller now! :) So proud of her!

    miss you, love you!

    ReplyDelete