Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Unspoken



I came to this place not knowing what to write. Just that I needed to be here. A blinking cursor. Black against white. Sometimes I have so many thoughts moving around in my head. A cacophonous blend- worries, what ifs, ideas, reflections-and at times, the sound can be deafening. A wave pool of emotions, heaving and hurling around in my head. Unable to anchor. Unable to settle. It's during these times that I feel the most unsettled. The farthest from my self. Ill at ease and anxious. It's almost paralyzing. At some point they have to break away. Have to materialize, in some form or another, outside of my mind. And so I write. The thoughts begin to tame, my mind begins to calm and I can reclaim ownership of my unspoken words again. Today, it isn't what I write, but the process that helps. Tonight, my words will remain unspoken.







1 comment: