Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hello Summer

Every summer since I was a little girl, my family traveled the country in my dad's camper. So it comes as no surprise that each year around this time, I get the itch to jump in the car or hop on a plane and just go. Anywhere that I can see something new and do something different. Since Emerson is so young, I don't think we'll be having any grand adventures this summer. Well, not the traveling kind ;) But there is still so much summer sweetness to look forward to.


Some things I'm looking forward to this summer...
Living in the Keys, so many of these things can be enjoyed all year round, but there is something about summer that makes them special. The more I think about it, the more happy I am to be staying home this summer. I'm looking forward to spending time with my little family. Just us. Tucked between oleander and palm trees. Taking boat rides around the sound and day trips to the beach. The first of so many summers spent with our Little Bird. 
Jared and I went for a walk yesterday evening. I carried Emerson in the K'Tan. It was overcast and there was a light breeze blowing. Emerson leaned back so that her head and neck were open to the wind. "She's like her mommy." Jared said. In that moment, my heart was filled knowing that this sweet girl, my little tag along will learn to love nature as much as I do. And yesterday, as she felt the warm summer breeze on her face, I can see she already has.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! My little nature girls. You have so many wonderful adventures to look forward to. I know you, Jared, & Emerson have amazing precious moments to explore ahead of you. Enjoy all of nature and each other.
    Love you all so very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics of us on vacation. Emerson is a nature girl like her mommy.

    ReplyDelete