Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Little Halloween Cook Out

Tonight Jared and went to our very first "kid party". It was a Halloween cookout hosted by my sweet friend Abby and her wonderful hubby, Derek. It was so much fun! Abby did such a nice job with the food and seeing our girls all dressed up was a blast! 


My little family all dressed up in our "costumes". I got the idea of Emerson being a football on a typical Sunday in the Trusz household. The Jets game on, and Jared in his Jets jersey. We decided on this particular Sunday to break out a piece of remnant fabric, decorated in the Jets insignia (previously used as wrapping paper for a gift from my mom) and use it as a bandanna for our little girl. 



At that moment, it hit me! Emerson should be a football for Halloween. "I'll be a Miami Dolphin and you'll be a NY Jet!" And our costumes were born! I found a football onesie on etsy and ta-daa, our costumes were complete!

Dear Sweet Emerson,
I am not a crafty lady. Your Halloween costumes will most likely not be hand made. And some years, we may use pillowcases to hold your stash of candy! But I'll be darned if we don't have fun!
Love,
Mama

 Here are a few pics from the evening...


The cutest football you've ever seen!


Abby and Derek's little girl and Emerson's first friend,  Alise with our friend Jayme's daughter, Sadie.


The host and hostess, Derek and Abby. And of course, sweet Alise.


All the mamas and our girls!


And the yummy food!



What a perfectly spooky party!

1 comment: