Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Growing in Gratitude~Tiny Toes in the Sand

The other day, I hit my limit. Broke down. It had been a long time coming. Sleepless nights, tiring days. And Jared had been on patrol. It all finally wore me down. I called my mom crying. Hysterical really. And like she always does, she soothed me and calmed me down. And reminded me that it's okay and even normal to feel this way. Being a mama is hard. I'm a sensitive soul, but I'm thankful for these times, when I've been stretched too thin. When I feel bare boned and vulnerable. It reminds me that there is something, someone bigger than me out there and that I need to cling to Him and not my own understanding, no matter what I'm going through. I love this time of year. It reminds me to stop, breathe and to be aware of my good fortune.So today, I'm opening up to everything this season has to give. I'm preparing room in my heart for the wonder of Christmas and thanking God for this wonderful life.


A few things I'm grateful for today and pictures of our day on Geiger Key...

Angela, my very best friend. 5,000 miles can't keep us apart! She keeps me sane, makes me feel normal and keeps me smiling through it all. Her little lady, Mariah started preschool today. My, how times flies.
"Sleigh Ride", by Ronnie and the Ronnettes-- The first Christmas song I heard on the radio this year ( You know, Ringa linga ling dinga ling). I just ordered a few Christmas CD's on line. I can't wait for them to get here!
Giggles. Emerson has very high standards when it comes to what she finds funny. In her six and a half months, she has only giggled twice and both times they were for Jared. Well, today she giggled for me! It's the best sound I think I've ever heard!
Traditions. Ordering pizza and Chinese. Decorating the tree. March of the Wooden Soldiers. And the promise of new traditions now that Baby E is here.
What I'm most grateful for right now--these tiny toes in the sand...

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I was just catching up on your blog, and I am in love with these pictures!! Emerson is so beautiful and adorable. I can't wait to meet her. Wonderful posts! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have so much to be grateful for. I love all the pics......again!!! Nothing like sandy little toes!

    ReplyDelete