Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving

I've been wanting to sit down and write all about our lovely little Thanksgiving for so many nights now, but it seems life has been a bit busy these last few weeks. It was a wonderful day though and so, I want to share a few tidbits from our Thanksgiving . 

I decorated the table this year in shades of orange and turquoise. Perfect for Key West, I think. Funny little side note: Pier 1 (One of the only stores in Key West for Home Decor) apparently does not carry table cloths. Strange, I know. So, I was only able to buy place mats and napkins. You'll have to excuse the gray card table that is peaking through;)

Many of the vases on the table are very old. My mom brought them down as an early Christmas present for me. They are all from a little town called Shipshewana in Indiana. She and my dad drive the motor home up there to camp every year. One of them is an old medicine bottle from the 1800's. Another has "Hamlin's Wizard Oil" etched in the glass! Oh, my heart skips a beat thinking of taking Emerson antiquing with her Mima one day...

After everyone arrived, I was able to sneak out to take a few pictures of our sweet girl and her first friend, Alise. I love that it looks like Alise is telling Emerson a secret. It makes me giggle every time I look at it.

Jared and I hosted, but Abby and Derek did most of the cooking. We were in charge of the appetizers and a few side dishes, and they cooked the turkey and other sides. Abby also made dessert which was delicious!

In the meantime, I (tried) to keep Emerson busy. I also took a few pictures of her and her Uncle Davie. He's all smiles and mush for his niece. 

Matching mohawks. So funny!

Time to feast. Look whose at the head of the table. So appropriate. I know these two pictures are essentially the same, but I just couldn't decide which one was cuter!

After dinner, it was time to make a wish and take some family pictures.
I'm so thankful for these guys. Celebrating the most thankful of holidays with them gave me one more thing to be thankful for! 

That night, we went to bed with full bellies, thankful and exhausted! (That's a lot of thankfuls I just wrote. I'm okay with that:) 
And this is what I woke up to the morning after Thanksgiving. How did I get this lucky?

We took our morning slow, then headed into Key West for lunch at the park, a walk around and some frozen yogurt.
We did the big slide this time. Little Bird loved it.
She loved the swing too...

These pictures make me laugh! 

And after we put Emerson to bed, it was time for a chiminea night under the stars. We have the most beautiful skies down here.

On Saturday, Davie had to go back home to Miami. He's a teacher and had lot's of papers to grade and lesson plans to write. Oh, how I do not miss those days. At all! But before he left he played his viola for his niece for the very first time ever. She was completely captivated by the sound. So was I...
I want to remember these pieces for ever...

One more "Thankful"... for good measure.

2 comments:

  1. We feel quite thankful to have spent the day with y'all as well. It WAS a wonderful fay!

    With beautiful decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures. Makes me miss you and Emerson even more! :) Love you Katie girl!

    ReplyDelete