Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Papu


Dear Emerson,

It's been four years, some time before you came along, Sweet Bird, and really I don't know what to say. My heart aches as I write you this letter. You won't know him the way we did, your Papu.   He was wonderful, and he would have loved you so much. He loved his family. Your Moncu, your Auntie Jess and your Daddy. He loved them all so very much. And me, I was lucky enough to feel a bit of that love, even if for just a few years of my life. My heart breaks to admit that you won't know him like we did, Sweet Girl, but of this I am sure: His legacy will live on. In your Moncus stories, in your Auntie Jess' enthusiasm, and in the way your Daddy loves you and me. Just as the sun rises in the morning, shedding it's light on the earth, your Papu's memory will bring light to our hearts and our souls and that light will be carried on in you. 

I love you so very much,
Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment