Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Little Bird

Dear Emerson Faith,

I can't believe that I'm writing a letter to you in your eighth month. Emerson, you are eight months old and I never thought I could love you more than I did in your seventh month, but I do. I love you more and more every day.  Each day, you reveal more of your intoxicating personality, your unreserved enthusiasm and eagerness, your determination and resolve. I never could have predicted 8 months ago who the beautiful pink and screaming baby in my arms would become, but I can assure you that you are more than I could have ever imagined. 

Being your mama has been the most beautifully challenging thing I've ever done. You have pushed me to my limits and brought me to my knees and I absolutely love life more because you're in it. Your existence has made life more meaningful, more lovely, more everything. Thank you for allowing me to see the world though your eyes. Waking up every morning to your infectious smile has been such a gift and loving you--well all I can say is my heart will always hurt loving you and I am so thankful for that. 

I love you so much. And I will spend the rest of my life trying to show you just how much I do. I love you, I love you, I love you. Sweet girl, you are everything. Our heart's desire, our dreams fulfilled. 

Happy 8 months, sweet girl.

Love,
Mama


2 comments:

  1. Happy 8 months Emerson. Mima and PoppyPop love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8 months Emerson! Can't wait to meet you. You're beautiful just like your mama! :)

    ReplyDelete