Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Perspective

So, I've been feeling grumpy all day. We're leaving for New York tomorrow and I woke up with a heavy case of pre-travel anxiety. Ugh. I got out of bed, and hit the ground running. If I wasn't playing with/attending to E, I was hurriedly cleaning the house, doing laundry, packing Emerson's suitcase...the list goes on and on. I decided mid-day that Jared wasn't doing enough to help (poor guy), and so I added a nice layer of irritation to my anxiety. Not a good combo. Eventually, I got over it and after running a few errands and inhaling our dinner out, (Emerson's not much for leisurely meals), we came home to a clean and quiet house. Jared gave E her bath, and put her to bed while I finished packing. As I was clearing out my purse, I saw my ole' point and shoot and decided to upload the pictures to my computer to see what was on there. And that's when I found it--perspective. Whatever remained of my grumpy mood dissipated immediately. It's funny how that works.

These pictures are from Christmas break.


Thank you perspective. I know I'll have more grumpy days, but tonight I was reminded that perspective really can shape our reality. 

2 comments: