Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

New York

This post has been a long time coming! The day after we got back from New York, I came down with that nasty stomach virus that's been going around. Awful! Just after I got better, my parent's came into town, so I've been soaking up lots of good, quality time with them. Not a lot of time to sit down and write, but now here I am, enjoying a few quiet moments of picture posting and writing...

Here are a few (hundred) pics from our week in New York...

Our trip started out with a 4 hour layover in Orlando. Yikes! We laid out a sheet in a not-so-busy corner of the airport and brought out toys and food to keep Emerson busy. Can I just say that our sweet girl did wonderfully! We didn't get to Long Island until about 10:00 at night. By the time we got Emerson all settled in, it was after 11:00. What a day!


When I woke up on our first morning in New York, I wanted to take pictures with my new lens. Jared's parents have a beautiful backyard and I wanted to capture as much winter beauty as I could. I set the shutter speed high and the aperture low to get a bokeh effect. I have a lot to learn yet, but I'm pretty happy with how these pictures turned out :)
My handsome husband. He doesn't seem too pleased that his wife is sneaking shots of him. I can't help myself sometimes;)

The best part of our visit was meeting this little guy. Our nephew, Frank Logan. How cute is he! Being around this sweet boy brought back so many memories of Emerson when she was that small. Her sweet newborn scent, that sleepy smile, the way she curled into my chest when I held her...I didn't think I would, but I had forgotten so much.

We spent lots of time over at Jess and Frank's place. Just relaxing, eating yummy take-out and admiring our sweet babies.
I love this picture of Jared, Jess and our girl.


Jared's mom had a little get-together so that the extended family could meet Emerson and Logan . It was so nice. Lot's of food, chatting and of course everyone making a big deal out of our sweet babies!

My favorite pictures from the week? These two. Oh, these two! My heart is bursting over these two! Oh, and my stomach is growling as I remember what we were eating...and drinking when I snapped these pictures. Dunkin' Donuts. Oh Dunkin'. How I've missed you!

Some more lovely  outside pics. I love taking pictures of the outdoors. So inspiring.

 One night, Jared and I spent some time exploring the basement. So. Much. Fun. Jared's mom has saved everything and going through those boxes was like taking a little trip back in time. Things really have changed so much since we were kids.

Yep, that's an Andre Agassi troll doll!
VHS! Ah, I can remember very clearly the feeling of sliding one of these bad boys into a VCR. How it felt when the cassette got pulled in, making that clicking sound. I loved that sound as a kid!

Playing peek-a-boo with daddy.

Playing with Nesting dolls with Moncu.

Playing on the step that separates the living room and kitchen. Emerson loved playing here. 

Some more cuteness...

And no trip to see family would be complete without some family photos!


These are hilarious! Not one of these pictures has all of us looking at the camera at the same time. Still, I think they're perfect!

It was the perfect trip.  A little bit of time with friends. New York food, a little shopping and even a pedicure and massage. And most of all, time with the ones we love. Our family.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing is more important than family. So glad you all had such a wonderful time making precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing pics Katie! Sean loves them too. Beautiful family and beautiful babies! :)

    ReplyDelete